by Megan Hart
Published by Cosmo Red Hot Reads
1.5 / 5
5 Rules for Sexy Play in the Workplace!
1. Know the company policy;—You just got an opportunity to finally snag that sweet corner office. The last thing you need is a wicked distraction….
2. Don’t date your boss—Sure, Jamison Wolfe has a smile that could send a woman into instant orgasmic joy. But more important, he’s your strict, control-freakish boss. Your hot, sexy, control-freakish boss.
3. Keep PDA out of the office—Okay, so you slipped up. Once. It was just the temptation of having Jamison at your complete naked mercy.
4. Prepare for the worst—This can’t go anywhere. You know it, he knows it. So why stop now?
5. Be discreet—Even when it gets more intense. Even when you push every limit you both possess…
I have enjoyed Megan Hart’s books for a while. The Every Part of You serious? Loved it. Flying? LOVED IT. The Favor? Tempted? Loved them all!
Alas, I do not have much love for this one.
Hart takes our typical, Christian Gray-esque notions of BDSM and turns them upside down. This time the domme is a woman, the sub a man.
Caitlyn has inherent Dominant traits, although she does not exhibit them in the work force. She’s a fairly content employee doing the bidding of her boss Jamison. He, on the other hand, is an Alpha Male and is always in charge, always in control, always telling others what to do. Always taking care of others.
When he and Caitlyn develop a sexual spark, Jamison realizes that he found someone who allows him to be the one taken care of, to not have to make decisions or be in control.
He likey a LOT.
But what he doesn’t like is anyone else knowing about it, because then he’d appear all weak and everything.
The headboard rockin’ is quite hot, as is typical in Megan Hart fare. But the story is exceedingly blah and uninteresting. You see every plot twist coming from about 500 paces, which makes the scant number of pages a very good thing. I didn’t find Caitlyn or Jamison compelling – at all – so hot as their couplings may be, they didn’t hold my interest because Caitlyn and Jamison didn’t hold my interest.
There are hotter Megan Hart books out there. Go read one of those. In fact, go read Flying and give this one a pass.